Tuesday, September 17, 2013

what a summer ..........

We spent the entire summer at the cottage coming home only long enough to cut grass, etc.  We've never been able to to this before and we've loved every minute of it!


Little Dog had a busy summer on squirrel patrol.  There is a chunk of bread on the branch behind Nigel (the squirrel) ... we were trying to get him to stay put long enough to get a good photo and it worked - usually he's darting about and teasing Little Dog.
Nigel is on a branch of the big oak tree by the water.  We spend a lot of time in this spot enjoying the shade as does Little Dog.  Old Dog used to spend most of her day here and to Little Dog's left you can see a flat limestone marker, which is where Old Dog's ashes are buried.

We discovered this sunflower, planted by the birds, growing in our garden at home .... four heads - those birds know how to grow a sunflower!  If you look closely you'll even see a bee on the top left flower.


Here is some of my summer stitching.  I expect I'll have a busy fall with the finishing - stay tuned.   
 Lavender Girl (centre) is from The Snowflower Diaries.
Cherry Time is from Le Chalet des Perelles.  
Lavender Honey is from  Madame la Fee.
The ladybugs design and wreath are from Luli  and the redwork is from  Val Laird

Below the lily of the valley is a Luli design and the parasols are from Lynn B

6 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Sounds like you had a lovely summer. Very pretty projects there, look forward to seeing your finishing.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

What a great break you have had. The weather must have been kind.

Love your stitching. Did you see on my blog the cross stitch I picked up today? I used to lots of cross stitch but now I prefer to quilt.

Our summer just around the corner. I am hoping to grow some sunflowers this year.

Cheers


Linda

Emma/Itzy said...

Sounds like a perfect summer! So much stitching too!

Carol said...

Oh, I envy you your peaceful summer at your cottage, Kate! Looks like you got some lovely stitching done, too :) I especially love the little lavender girl--she is a "must stitch" for me, too!

Valma said...

'Little Dog had a busy summer on squirrel patrol' ...this makes me laugh =D
Poor cute Nigel =D
He is cute ! Both are, the squirrel and the squirrel patrol =)
you stitched a lot this summer and will have a busy Autumn finishing all those lovely pieces
I stitched lavender girl too for my MIL, I have to blog it !
can't wait to see your finishes...
big hugs
xxxx

Denise said...

Awesome Stitching! Can't wait to see how you finish them up. Sounds like the best kind of summer.
Happy Stitching
Denise