Wednesday, October 30, 2013

pattern testing ??


Having four different patterns for pocket/travel tissue pouches I made up several using all four patterns to test them - here are the results.  The green pouch is the most compact (and most suitable for my handbag), uses the least fabric, and goes together really quickly - I gave it thumbs up.  For me the red and black one would be ideal sitting on my desk;  it uses two pieces of fabric - one larger than the other to create the trim, which is very clever.  The 3rd design is the criss-cross shown in the pink/red (and mauve/ white in photo on the right) - it seemed to need very careful selection of fabric that is sometimes a challenge for me;  the 4th design is in the lower picture featuring the scissors and thimble fabric. What do you think of the four styles?

 Unfortunately, finding the travel tissues themselves has been difficult but when I do find some I'll stock up.  I figured these would be  terrific to have on hand for whenever a little something was needed.

I'm linking up with the Needle and Thread Network.

7 comments:

Linda Kittmer said...

I like the compactness of that green one. I think you can get large packs of those tissues at Costco.

Peggy said...

They all look great, hard to tell what the 4th design is actually like.

SuperMomNoCape said...

I had one like the second one you mention with the trim in a different fabric that I received as a gift and I loved it. I've carried it around in my purse for the past couple of years, unfortunately I lost it when we were at a restaurant a few days ago, so I'm going to have to make myself a new one.

And I get the travel tissues at WalMart. They come in a package of 8 tissues so I usually buy two packages and then I stash some in the glove compartment of the car and also in the pockets on the back of the front seats.

elle said...

I like the full look that the green one has. But they are all nice.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Hello
They look great. I made a basket load of these last Christmas - you're right they make super little gifts.

Cheers

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Travel tissues remind me of my Nana! She always had a few packets. Do you remember the episode of Friends when Ross and Monica found all the "Nana Stuff" in a top cupboard? That's how I feel when I see travel tissues!

Valma said...

I'm the lucky owner of one you made and send me :)
thank you so much again
They are all pretty and useful and indeed it's great to have some prepared in case a gift is needed =D
criss cross one is beautiful, it can be used with something else than tissues
xxxxx