Saturday, December 14, 2013

show and tell and some freebies

May I introduce you to Pete the Bear.....

He is soft, cuddly and baby proof.    I met him over here


Here's another dainty x-stitch  - this time from Luli.  Be sure
to have a look at how she finished hers - that girl
is some creative!




This is my favourite Christmas quote.  I stitched it
on a piece of drop cloth and left the edges raw - they should
fray nicely with time.  It was a freebie



I really like the Scandinavian/Nordic Christmas designs so I  stitched a red snowflake  on some white twill for my version.



I made this candle mat for a gift.  The redwork
stitchery is from Val Laird; the wee piece of
fabric is what I used for the backing. 




This is the handmade card my kid sister sent me for my birthday
 - I love it!


 Claire offered some cute 'Tis the Season' designs and this
is one of them.  I stitched it on perforated paper and backed it with white felt.
 


There's a party going on here.




6 comments:

Peggy said...

What great Christmas ornaments! Love them all!

Linda said...

Wonderful ornaments Kate! I love the red snowflake. Thanks for the link to the Party.

Marni @ Haberdashery Fun said...

Love these ornaments.. Especially the heart with the snowflake pattern on it.

Anonymous said...

you HAVE been busy ^^

Valma said...

How great ! I wanted to finish my Margaret Sherry Xmas exchange like you did with the Luli piece but didn't find such a small wreath...I then used felt, but yours is really too beautiful
all those ornaments are very sweet, but my heart goes to the candle mat =)
I'm happy because I have Christmas in my heart so there will surely be one gift or two under the tree =D
big big hugs
xxxx
PS : I also love that expression...'baby proof' =D
It really makes me laugh =)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Lovely looking ornaments and I especially like your candle mat. Thank you for all the kind and encouraging comments you've left on my blog this year. Have a very Merry Christmas. Take care, stay well and all the best to you in 2014!