Thursday, February 9, 2012

a morning in the sewing room


I was able to spend the morning in the sewing room and whilst listening to Leonard Cohen's newest cd, Old Ideas, made this shoulder dust cover from here .  It's intent is to replace the longer garment bag ... I like the idea since it keeps dust off the shoulders whilst letting me easily see what is under it; I used to modify pillowcases to use as garment bags but much prefer this. I didn't embellish the cover because I thought the fabric was busy enough but you surely could let your imagination run wild :-)!   As you can see it is roomy enough to cover a few garments. When I make another one I shall make a few changes. I think I need several more of these plus a few for gifts.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

those shoulder covers are very nice. I am surprised how some of my clothes can get so dusty when you don't wear them for a season.