Sunday, February 5, 2012

What a week

What a week it's been!  For a couple of days I've been trying to download a few pix from the camera - should just take a few minutes, right?  Wrong - two days later I finally have them downloaded - sheesh!  Too many other guys hogging the computer ... you know, all those automatic downloads and installations that give themselves top priority, then our virus scanner, which slows things down,  went amok and was scanning for hours at a time; plus there's been a lot of interruptions.  
  I didn't manage to get anything done in the sewing room this week, not even a tidy-up.  But the week wasn't a total loss because I did some spring cleaning .... washed blankets and quilts, cleaned out the linen closet and pantry, and sorted through the blanket box.  On the plus side I uttered a few "oh, that's where that is" or "oh, I didn't know I still had that", or "oh, I've been looking for that" - I'm sure you know how it is.  Whilst it's not spring our weather has been so spring-like that I felt the urge and will have lots of other things to do and want to be outdoors when spring actually arrives.  Fortunately, I've been able to do some stitching in the evenings. 
Every day we take our doggies out into the country for a run.  We have a chuck-it and they love to fetch the ball.  It's a pleasant outing for us especially if it's a cold day and we'd rather stay indoors.


The brown dog is Mike (a girl) who is 13; and the black dog is Abby, age 8.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I've had the spring cleaning bug too. :) However, the cold is coming in this weekend. Brrr...