Friday, December 25, 2015

angels ....

 We've had warm weather for most of November and December and much less precipitation than in the last 4 years - quite a treat!  It's been so nice to be out and about without being bundled up.    I still haven't had to wear snow boots for my daily walk.  ^^ However,  this is apparently about to change with some cold weather moving in.  Nonetheless winter has been shortened.

Angels were under construction this month .....




This was a new pattern and I was trying out different yarns and hook sizes.  3D ones would have been nice but I can no longer work with crochet cotton.  Since these are for a friend I'll let her choose which size(s) and colour(s)  she wants .... perhaps she'll like to have an assortment or perhaps she'll prefer 3D ones.  The big ones (4") are made from cotton yarn and the smaller ones (3") from a #3 yarn.




This angel is one I used to make years ago and lost misplaced the pattern.  One Christmas I tucked one of these into most of the Christmas cards that we sent out .... postage was cheaper in those days.  ^^  So I was excited to see one of these in a linky party and even more excited when I discovered the instructions were included.  They can be made with paper piecing but I'm hopeless at that. 









5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful angels and nice with all the yarn options.
I plan on doing some angel pieces with different mediums, so will see how it goes.

Debbie

Brigitte said...

Great, all these angels. The crochet angels look wonderful in all the different colors and sizes. And the one on the quilt block is very special.

Timi said...

Beautiful angels!!!

Needled Mom said...

I love those angels.

Stitchified said...

I love your crochet angels! My mom made some similar ones when I was a kid, and you've inspired me to add a few to our tree. Thank you!