Friday, April 21, 2017

experimenting ....

I like the natural/rustic look - burlap, jute, etc. - I tried crocheting with jute twine - here's what I came up with - I like these .....




Did you know that jute has different dye lots - I didn't expect that - the upper pot took an entire ball of jute - it was supposed to be bigger - the second ball of jute was a very poor match and not a good contrast.  The bottom pot has the possibility of being turned into a hanging planter - I haven't decided if that's what I want to do with it - meanwhile I like it as it is.  The coaster started out as a placemat. 
The poinsettia is looking quite ratty but I've been nursing it along so that it can be planted at the cabin.  The geranium is one of five that wintered as stems only - once they were planted in soil and given some water they burst forth in leaf - they are awesome plants.

We've been going to the cabin a couple of times a week - this photo was taken a couple of days ago ...

 see how clear the water is  - it's always clear .....


she believed she could -
so she did

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a fun idea, especially for pot covers. I usually just wind mine around and glue it.
The lake looks wonderful, I can't wait for swimming weather.

Debbie

Anthea said...

I've never worked with jute Kate... your creations look so good & have such lovely texture, great ideas there!
The water looks lovely, what a gorgeous place x

Carol said...

Such a cute idea for your plant pot covers, Kate. They look great! Will the poinsettia bloom once it is planted at the cabin? My mom always used to save her geraniums each winter--don't know why I don't take the time to do that myself. Maybe next year :)

Enjoy the peaceful surroundings at your cabin! It looks wonderful...

Robin in Virginia said...

Kate, I like your crochet projects that you have created with the jute twine. I have 2 pots of geraniums that have managed to survive since May 2010. They sit on the front porch during the warm weather and winter in the garage. What beautiful pictures of the lake! Have an enjoyable weekend!

Maya Kuzman said...

Nice work with the twine Kate. Wasn't it difficult crocheting it?

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

I like how the natural color of the jute brings out the greens of the leaves. Beautiful!

Timi said...

These pot covers are great idea!!!
The geranium looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

really works well for pot holders

Needled Mom said...

I like those jute projects. I had no idea that there were dye lots for jute.