Friday, January 5, 2018

reflection ...

Reflecting on last year ...
   We moved again - this time out of our rented mini apt. to our new home - it was a good move - we really like our new place and it has felt like home from the moment we walked in. 
      I injured my wrist the beginning of May - it's been a challenge.   Stitching was getting easier by year end - I really like Daffycat's reindeer and have stitched many of them ....




   Blogger corrected many of the problems that I'd been having and behaved itself for the latter part of the year - I was particularly pleased that it allowed me to leave comments on blogs again.  This is a good post about blogger.
  In December I celebrated another birthday - don't care for the number - 71 - but I appreciate that I'm still celebrating them - I even had a cake!

  
  I discovered that I quite enjoy hanging out on the internet - I spend too much time doing so - I'm an avid reader.    I have so many projects saved that I shall have to live forever to make a dent in them.  I admit that in looking at so many things that others have made I've lost my own creativity - or let it go by the wayside.  For this year I'm going to try to limit my time looking at what others have made and saving patterns/designs to do more of my own thing - once upon a time I came up with some good ideas.  
  I finally made some bacon jam and it is delicious - no photo to share - it didn't last long.  I made cranberry sauce with real cranberries and was amazed at how easy it was to make and it was delicious - didn't taste like it does from the can - this is the first time I've made it from scratch - won't be the last time.   
  The January tree ..... 




it's not who you are that holds you back ...
it's who you think you're not

11 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

All the stitching looks great!!
Happy Birthday!!

I'm going to read that blog post about comments. I can't comment on a few blogs that have the drop down box!

Robin in Virginia said...

Kate, your January tree looks super. Belated happy birthday wishes to you! Thanks for sharing the link to that blog post. Off to read it! Enjoy your weekend!

Mii Stitch said...

Belated birthday wishes to you! What a sweet little tree.

Timi said...

You had an adventurous year! :o) So many things happened to you! And I am so happy that you can write comments again in my blog :o)))
Happy belated birthday!!! Your January tree looks lovely!

Carol said...

I really enjoyed your year in review, Kate, and am so pleased that you are happy in your new home! Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday and a wonderful year ahead. January birthdays are tough--mine is coming up in less than two weeks... sigh! Who wants to go out and celebrate in this frigid weather?

Love your tree--so many creative ornaments on display :)

WoolenSails said...

Love how all your stitcheries look on the tree. You had quite the year and I hope the new year brings you many blessings.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

a belated happy birthday ^^
and your wooden xmas tree looks beautiful!
I also need to spend more time in my sewing room actually making, rather than filling my head with loads more wonderful ideas while blog browsing . . . but my day never feels complete until I've seen what blogging friends are up to!

btw, I'm still having to go through all the hoops to prove I'm not a robot :s

Daffycat said...

Your Lights Reindeer is the first one I’ve seen stitched! He looks great, thanks for stitching him!

Anthea said...

That's a lot happening in your life in one year Kate!
Sending bleated birthday wishes xx

Maya Kuzman said...

A belated Happy Birthday Kate! I am a July child and summers are a living hell in my part of the world so in the past 10 years I buy ice-cream instead of cake :) Much better to cool off!
In the craft department - I have a book filled with my own ideas and indeed I will too have to live forever to finish everything. I felt a bit frustrated for not being able to make everything but I stopped and look at that lightly - if I give life to an idea , that would be wonderful. If not - I don't care. Hope you find time for all your projects you want to make this year!

Helen Philipps said...

Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday! So glad you are happy in your new home and that the blogger issues are sorted out. Love all your pretty stitchery. I hope you have a happy crafty year ahead making whatever you wish to make. xox